The error message “There is no ‘Animator’ attached to the gameobject” means that the GameObject you are trying to access does not have an Animator component attached to it. This can happen for a few reasons:
- The GameObject may not have been created with an Animator component.
- The Animator component may have been removed from the GameObject.
- The Animator component may be disabled.
To fix this error, you need to make sure that the GameObject has an Animator component attached to it. You can do this by:
- In the Hierarchy view, select the GameObject that you want to add an Animator component to.
- In the Inspector view, click the Add Component button and search for “Animator”.
- Click the Animator component to add it to the GameObject.
If the Animator component is already attached to the GameObject, make sure that it is not disabled. You can check this by looking at the Inspector view. If the Animator component is disabled, click the checkbox next to it to enable it.
If you are still getting the error message after adding an Animator component to the GameObject, it is possible that the Animator component is corrupt. You can try deleting the Animator component and then re-adding it.
If you are still having trouble, you can ask for help on the Unity Forums or the VRChat Discord server.
Here are some additional things to check:
- Make sure that the Animator component is compatible with the GameObject. For example, you cannot use an Animator component that is designed for a humanoid avatar on a non-humanoid avatar.
- Make sure that the Animator component is set to the correct Humanoid rig. If the Animator component is set to a different rig, it will not be able to animate the GameObject properly.
- Make sure that the Animator component has at least one Animation Clip assigned to it. If the Animator component does not have any Animation Clips, it will not be able to animate the GameObject.