There are a few ways to add a laying down animation to your VRChat avatar.
- Use a pre-made animation. There are many pre-made laying down animations available online. You can find them on websites like VRCArena, Booth, and Gumroad. Once you have downloaded the animation, you will need to import it into your avatar’s Unity project.
- Create your own animation. If you are familiar with animation software, you can create your own laying down animation. There are many tutorials available online that can teach you how to do this.
- Use a third-party tool. There are a few third-party tools that can help you add laying down animations to your avatar. One popular tool is Nirvash’s Laydown Action Layer. This tool allows you to add a laying down animation to your avatar without having to create or import any animations.
Once you have added a laying down animation to your avatar, you can activate it by playing the animation in the Unity Editor or in VRChat.
Table of Contents
Here are the steps on how to add a laying down animation to your VRChat avatar using Nirvash’s Laydown Action Layer:
- Download the Nirvash’s Laydown Action Layer from GitHub.
- Import the UnityPackage file into your avatar’s Unity project.
- Open the Avatar Inspector window.
- Click on the “Animation” tab.
- Drag and drop the “Laydown” animation from the Assets window into the “Action Layers” list.
- Save your changes and build your avatar.
Now, you can activate the laying down animation by playing it in the Unity Editor or in VRChat.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind when adding a laying down animation to your VRChat avatar:
- Make sure that the animation is compatible with your avatar’s body proportions.
- If you are using a pre-made animation, make sure that it is rigged for your avatar’s skeleton.
- If you are creating your own animation, make sure that it is smooth and natural.
- You may need to adjust the animation’s parameters to get the desired results.
I hope this helps!